The information below comprises a summary of the privacy and information policies within the Unify Men’s Health Clinic and all other practitioners and their agents working in the Unify Men’s Health Clinic. A shared Electronic Medical Record (EMR) is used by practitioners and their agents working in the Leaside Village Medical Clinic and practitioners and their agents at Unify Men’s Health Clinic. Only those practitioners or their agents involved within the patient’s care are to access a patient’s medical record.
Collection of Personal Health Information
We collect personal health information about you directly from you or from the person acting on your behalf. The personal health information that we collect may include, for example, your name, date of birth, address, health history, records of your visits to Unify Men’s Health Clinic and the care that you received during those visits. Occasionally, we collect personal health information about you from other sources if we have obtained you consent to do so or if the law permits.
Uses and Disclosures of Personal Health Information
We use and disclose your personal health information to:
• treat and care for you,
• get payment for your treatment and care (from OHIP, WSIB, your private insurer or others),
• plan, administer and manage our internal operations,
• conduct risk management and quality improvement activities,
• conduct research,
• compile statistics,
• comply with legal and regulatory requirements, and
• fulfil other purposes permitted or required by law.
You may access and correct your personal health records, or withdraw your consent for some of the above uses and disclosures by contacting us (subject to legal exceptions).
• We take steps to protect your personal health information from theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure and disposal.
• We conduct audits and complete investigations to monitor and manage our privacy compliance.
• We take steps to ensure that everyone who performs services for us protect your privacy and only use your personal health information for the purposes you have
How to Contact Us
Our privacy contact person is Dr. Darrell Ginsberg. For more information about our privacy protection practices, or to raise a concern you have with our practices, contact us at: email@example.com or mail a registered letter to our contact address at 25 Industrial Avenue, East York, Ontario, M4G3T8 Suite 208.
You have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario if you think we have violated your rights. The Commissioner can be reached at: 2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400 Toronto, ON M4W 1A8 firstname.lastname@example.org 416-326-3333.